Thursday, June 4, 2009

Number 23 Reach my Goal Weight







Date: August 24, 2009


I got the O.K to engage in weight-bearing exercise now so it's time to get rid if some of that pudgy, doughy stuff that accumulated during my sedimentary time. Here is my proclamation:




I, Edith, will lose 25 pounds of jiggle between June 1, 2009 and August 24, 2009 (dammit!)




That's 12 weeks. Here's how I am guaranteeing my success:


1. I had an unwilling, unnamed helper (under duress) take 12 very unbecoming photographs of me in a very unflattering and unforgiving swimsuit - one picture for each week of this project.

2. If I make my weight goal for that week, he will destroy one of the twelve offensive photos.




I put this
in front of
the TV
(for now).
Thought that
might help





3. If I do NOT make my weight goal for the week, he will post one of the photos on his Facebook page, tagging me in the photo, causing it to be sent to all my Facebook pals, thereby causing me great shame.



I blew the dust off
this thing in the
corner of the Man
Cave. I had to change
all the settings back to
"Wimp"





4. I have enlisted the help of several of my Facebook Pals to react strongly upon seeing these photos and to state, in no uncertain terms, how disgusted and grossed out they are by the pictures, further deepening my shame. Although they are my friends, they have promised to be brutal even begging "Please, dear God in Heaven, lose the weight! I DON'T want to see those pictures!"
If all goes well, none of us will ever have to view the pictures. I haven't even looked at them.

5. At the end of the twelve weeks, hopefully, all the pictures will have been destroyed and I can get back into those favorite jeans.



I've decided, that if I make it, to reward myself at the end of the twelve weeks with this lovely frock that I have been eyeing




UPDATE June 11, 2009 - CLUNK! CLUNK! That's the sound of my hand weights dropping. I ran into cancer-pal, Nancy. She has developed lymphodema and tells me she has to wear a compression sleeve for the rest of her life and warns me not to do any lifting . I looked around the Internet and found several medical sites state that doing any resistance training on an arm after lymph node removal is contraindicated. Hey!!! How come nobody told me this????
Lymphodema
I guess I'll have to find another way to get rid of this jiggly stuff on the back of my arms.
************************************************************************

Here is the chart that will be used to keep track of my success (Check back weekly)

Date/ Weight Loss

1. June 8 - 4.5 Pounds!! Our eyes are safe (for this week). One picture deleted!!

2. June 15 - 2 Pounds. Just barely made it this week. One more of the Sentient Bean's chocolate croissants and you'd be screaming in horror now. Two pictures deleted!

3. June 22 - Another close one!!! One more horrid picture gone AND I forgot I was wearing button-down shorts and accidentally pulled them off without unbuttoning them. Now THAT'S progress!

4. June 29 - Almost halfway there. 10.5 pounds lost so far and no one has had any eye damage

5. July 6 - Halfway there!!!!!

6. July 13 - Okay, this is going to be tricky. I lost alot of weight this week but it was a result of the stomach flu so I don't think I should count it toward this goal. What I'll do is average it out after I stabilize. I won't destroy a picture until after that happens.

7. July 20 - All stable and averaged out and I am still on track. Two more pictures gone and four inches gone from my body!

8. July 27 - Still on track!! Another photo obliterated. Can't tell you how good that feels!!

9. August 3- I don't wanna talk about it ;-(

10. August 10 - Okay, back on track!! Your eyes are safe!!!

11. August 17 -Going back to the gym is really making a difference! I'm still on track and a little bit ahead!

12. August 24- Can we do it? YES WE CAN!! Made it with two pounds to spare!! Stayed tuned for pictures in my new dress

No comments:

Post a Comment