Thursday, June 4, 2009

Number 100 Beat a Life Threatening Disease

January 3, 2008


Here I am in my second least favorite place in the world* - the hospital - battling cancer. I had a super team of doctors and wonderful nurses and technicians who brought me back from a really bad place. Just four months after this photo was taken, I was walking the Survivor's Lap in the Relay for Life (I'm the one in the white hat that my friend Tonia made for me)

*Once in the army, I was naughty and they made me clean out a (very) used trash barrel. It was really big so I actually had to crawl inside to do it and found out, in a very personal way, the meaning of the expression "bottom of the barrel." While this was not as life threatening as cancer, I WANTED to die so I will have to call the inside of this trash barrel my least favorite place in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Edith, THIS IS JUST DE-Lightful!!
    I am LOVING all of it..
    And I was so happy to get to see our sweet friend Nancy on here with you..She is SO much fun to be around. You agree?..

    LOVE IT>>LOVE IT>>>LOVE IT..
    I am going to send you a "friend request" from facebook if I can find you on there..
    I also intend to send some of your links to my cancer surviving big sister Becky. I am sure she will love to witness all the awesome & fun stuff that you are doing..

    No doubt, YOU will INSPIRE a MANY people with your shenanagins (did I spell that right?)and your tenacity.

    To sum it all up, I think that you are just completely AWESOME and I am SO looking forward to being a "partner-in-crime" on your list of things to do!!
    Even tho' i think i know what it is, I won't dare speak of it until the job is complete!!!!
    Pinkie-promise..


    TERESA MOCK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's never dull with our pal, Nancy, is it? Thanks for your kind words. Inre: your adventure...how long would you say you could hold your breath in a tub of Jell-O? ;-)

    ReplyDelete