Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Number 55 Finish that dissertation and graduate

April 30, 2009

When I became ill, I was in the middle of my doctoral dissertation. I had to put it on hold and my university was kind enough to let me keep just 1 semester hour during this time so I wouldn't have to drop out. It was rough getting back into the swing of it especially since it had several hundred illustrations and my hands were hurting big time from the chemotherapy so it was hard to draw.


My dissertation was entitled Military Children and Holistic Education: A Narrative Reflection on Classroom Practice. Sadly, you will not be able to read it for a bit. At the request of the Department of Defense (who signs my paychecks), it has been sequestered for five years for concerns about national security but it will be online for all to see after that. I had a successful defense on April 30,2009 and became DOCTOR Allison as can be seen on my classroom door below:

Many thanks to the world's most patient dissertation committee, Dr. Richard Flynn, Dr. Wendy Chambers, Dr. Delores Liston (chair) and Dr. Dan Rea. This was a pretty cool day because it was also the date that my big Hollywood adventure appeared on TV (See #35)


3 comments:

  1. Very helpful blog and all post are excellent! Students can figure out how to organize notes in a huge struggle. I have got to pick dissertation-writing tips.

    dissertation writing help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you already publish and posted your dissertation online, Allison? Well I think it would be a good idea to share it online. That way, your dissertation helps other people that can see what you written. It can be a good source of information for them if they are doing dissertation writing thru the same field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I was asked to sequester my dissertation for reasons of national security. It will be available online in 2014.

    ReplyDelete